tf) has been the gold-standard terminal MU* client for decades. However, it has largely been abandoned (thankfully in a very stable state!). Rather than attempt to take over the project and restart it, it was decided that a new client would be the best path forward: a modern client using modern tooling and design.
Stimmtausch is a compositional technique that shows up in fugue. Often called “voice exchange”, it refers to the changing of motifs between the voices in a fugue which often occurs before the recapitulation. The goal was to have a name that expressed something detailed and well-thought-out. “SmallSonata” was also considered, but discarded as too twee :)
TinyFugue, of course, was a big inspiration for this project, but
mm played a role as well, as a MUCK client written in Go using some interesting ideas. Many portions of
mm are found in Stimmtausch, though, rather than use it as a library, it was modified to fit the design goals of the project.
- Stimmtausch is written in Go, and you can read the docs
- Development takes place on GitHub
- The project is governed by a code of conduct
- Any dev help is welcome, as are issues!
Issues are organized into milestones (each of which has a project to go with it):
- 0.0.1 (project) - First release and packaging
- 0.0.2 (project) - Connecting, disconnecting, and multiple worlds
- 0.0.3 (project) - Logging
- 0.1.0 (project) - Macros
- 0.2.0 (project) - Max post size handling
Everything else winds up in FUTURE
- Madison Scott-Clary (Maddy on FurryMUCK, SpinDizzy, and Tapestries).